What is it?
Microblading is a special form of cosmetic tattooing for eyebrows. A tiny, stainless-steel needle is used to insert pigment into the second layer of skin, creating hair-like strokes. The process is different from traditional tattooing because it will fade over time. By creating fuller, more even-looking brows, this service is perfect for anyone who wants to save time on their makeup routine!
First Session ———————- $500
Second Session ———————- $0
(included in first session price)
Yearly Touchup ———————- $250
(for clients who have already seen Melissa for their first 2 sessions)
Your first appointment is your foundation for good brows! First, the correct pigment will be chosen according to your eyebrow hair color and your skin tone. Then, the brows will be mapped out according to your face shape and bone structure. After numbing the area, small strokes will be drawn onto the skin, creating the appearance of natural hair. The first session takes approximately 2 hours
The second session is important and necessary! After 6 to 8 weeks of healing, it is typical for your skin to have pushed some of the pigment out. Everyone will heal differently, so this session allows for final touches—adjusting strokes, color, thickness, etc. The second session can be done in 1 hour, and you should not need a touchup for another year.
Keep the brow area healthy and non-irritated beforehand!
- Do not tweeze/wax/perform laser or electrolysis one week before the procedure.
- Do not tan 2 weeks prior or have a sunburn.
- Do not tint the brows 3 days prior.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Do not have Botox 3 weeks prior.
- Do not have any type of facial one week prior.
- Do not take natural blood thinners – fish oil, vitamin E, alcohol, Aspirin, or Ibuprofen. Please abstain up to 48 hours before your procedure in order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit! Coffee is also a natural blood thinner, so try your best to go without.
The healing process is different for everyone, but it is up to you to make sure your brows heal well!
· Avoid sweaty exercise for one week, this is very important for crisp, healed strokes! Otherwise the lines will blur.
· Leave dry and scabbing skin alone! Do not pick! Light scabbing is normal.
· Do not let water directly soak your brows when bathing for first 10 days. Avoid hot tubs/swimming for 10 days.
· Use only a “rice grain-sized” amount of ointment (Aquaphor, for example) for the first day. Let brows dry heal after that.
· Leave the brow area free of makeup, lotions, exfoliants, or any treatments until the strokes have healed.
· Use fresh pillowcases when sleeping.
· Avoid tanning and direct sun exposure for the first month.
· After the first 10 days, you can wash your face and brows as usual with a gentle cleanser (such as Cetaphil).